Magellan GPS Update
Install Content Manager
- Open the preferred web browser on your computer.
- Thereafter, type in “magellan.gps.com” in the Address bar.
- In order to begin with the process of Magellan GPS Update, you have to download “Content Manager”.
- Once it is downloaded, move further with the installation process. For this, double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process of installation.
Add Your Magellan Device To The Computer
- Open the Content Manager Application.
- It will redirect you to the login window. In order to move further with the Magellan GPS Update, you need to sign in to your Magellan account. For this, enter the email address and password linked with this account.
- Whereas, if you are a new user, you have to create an account first. For this, go to magellan.gps.com and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
- Now, you need to connect your Magellan device to the computer with the help of USB cable.
- This will automatically turn on your Magellan device. In case, if it doesn’t turn on, you can do it manually by pressing its power button.
Install Free Updates
- Now, for Magellan Gps Update, click on the “Check for Updates” tab in the content manager application. This will start searching for all the latest updates.
- Once the searching process is completed, it will display you the “Updates Available” dialog box. It contains all the free and purchased updates with the file size and the cost price.
- To install the free software updates, click on the section of the software update and select the checkbox given next to your free update.
- Click on the section of Map update and select the checkbox of the free map update given there.
- Once you have selected your desired free updates, you need to click on the Update tab.
- Now, it will begin installing all the updates. Note that the software updates will installed first. Once the installation of software updates is completed, map updates will begin.
- When all the updates get installed successfully, a pop-up box will appear on your screen- Installation has been initiated.
- Now, disconnect your device from the computer by removing the USB cable.
Install Paid Updates
- In the Content Manager application, click on the Check for Updates tab.
- Select your preferred software and map updates by selecting the checkboxes given there.
- Click on the Update tab for the Magellan Gps Update.
- This will redirect you to the purchase website of Magellan.
- Now, you will see two fields of “Product Family” and “Product Model” on the right side of the window.
- Select your product family i.e “Roadmate” or “Maestro” by clicking on the drop-down menu box given in the field.
- Then, go to the field of Product Model and click on the drop-down arrow. It will show you all the versions of your selected product. Choose your product version accurately from the list of options given there.
- Next, click on the Submit button.
- In the next window, you will see all the available maps for your particular GPS device. Select your preferred map update from the list.
- Now, if you are not signed in to your account, it will show you the Login window. Type your email address and password that is associated with your Magellan account and then click on the Continue button.
- Click on the “Add to Cart” tab.
- Then, scroll down the page and click on Proceed to Checkout.
- It will take you to the “Billing Address” window. For, Magellan Gps Update, enter your Billing details accurately. Then, click on the “Use this Address” tab.
- Choose your payment method i.e. VISA, Master Card, Discover, American Express. Then, type your payment details and click on the Continue button.
- Review your billing address and payment details. Then, click on the Submit Order button given there.
- At last, it will show you the Order Confirmation window and here you can view your confirmation number and order total.
- Now, open the Content Manager application for Magellan Gps Update.
- Then, go to the Additional Content section. Under the “Purchased Maps” section, click on the sync button and it will show you a pop-up box, click OK. It will start downloading your Map update.
- Disconnect your GPS device from the computer.