Magellan Roadmate Update
Update Your Magellan GPS and Software on Device.
Magellan Roadmate Update
Magellan Roadmate is the latest series of smart, cutting-edge and user-friendly GPS Navigation Devices from the reliable Magellan brand. It integrates innovative and state-of-the-art technology to benefit users with hassle-free navigation. However, the reliability and accuracy of these outstanding devices depend on the Magellan Roadmate Update. In short, you must perform this simple process to harness the full potential of this GPS-based Gadget.
How To Receive Magellan Update?
Magellan Roadmate Update essentially is an extremely simple and straightforward process. However, users still find it confusing and tiring. In order to ensure a smooth and hassle-free process, you must consider the following details.
- In order to install the Magellan Roadmate Update, you must first download the available updates. It usually consists of huge data packets. Therefore, a robust, high-speed internet connection is inevitable. This means you must have a high-speed connection, preferably a broadband connection linked with a LAN cable. Additionally, you must have an uninterrupted connection for the entire process.
- Besides that, first-time users must go through a Device Registration process with the Application, Website, or WiFi Connection. It is a simple and quick process.
- Additionally, you must have your Magellan Account that facilitates in registering and receiving updates. Hence, you must create an Account if you haven’t created it yet.
- Apart from all this, make sure that your gadget is fully charged. However, if required, you can also connect it to a charger for uninterrupted process.
Magellan Roadmate Update
Magellan Roadmate Update is available through different sources depending upon your specific model. However, there are three prominent methods that are extremely simple and user-friendly.
In the case of certain models, you can receive Magellan Roadmate Update directly through the Wifi connection. In other words, your device has an in-built capability that facilitates downloading updates directly from Magellan Server by means of a WiFi Connection. However, this is possible only for registered products.
As such, it is the most simple, quick and easy method to receive Magellan Roadmate Update. For this, closely follow the given steps accurately.
Register Your Device
- Begin the Magellan Roadmate Update process by dismantling your Roadmate GPS Device from your vehicle.
- After that, turn it on. For this, press its “Power” button.
- Now, connect the gadget with a strong and stable WiFi Connection.
- Thereafter, log in to your Magellan Account from the Device. Besides that, ensure that this Account is the one which was created on the official website. However, if you don’t have an Account. Then, first, create one at the SmartGPS Eco website. Then, log in to it.
- Consequently, it will automatically register the device. However, you must wait for the process to complete properly.
- At last, you will get a “Confirmation” message about the successful completion of the Registration and Set-up process.
Magellan Roadmate Updates (Download and Installation)
- First of all, access the Map screen of your Registered Roadmate Device. In order to reach it, click the “Menu icon from the bottom right-hand corner. Thereafter, select “Maps” from its “Menu” screen.
- Now, click on the “Settings” icon.
- As a result, you will get another window that will display a notification in case if the updates are available. Here, you must click on “Updates” next to the available Magellan Roadmate Update.
- After that, you will get details of both the Map and Software updates in the expanded menu box. Hence, click “Update” for downloading either of Map and Software updates.
- Consequently, your device will begin the downloading process for the available updates. Thereafter, it will install them automatically.
- Here, it is important to ensure that the device remains connected to the WiFi network for the entire process.
- Once the Magellan Roadmate Update process finishes, it will automatically restart your device.
Through SmartGPS Eco
SmartGPS Eco is an intuitive, user-friendly web portal designed for Magellan Roadmate users. It is an easy to use website that facilitates in maintaining your innovative GPS device in perfect health. Here, you can Register your Device, Update Software/ Maps, Update POIs, Plan and Share Trips etc. In other words, it is a one-spot destination that gives you complete control over your device.
- First of all, launch a commonly used Web Browser on your computer.
- Now, open “smartgpseco.com” by correctly entering the URL in the Browser’s Address Bar.
- After that, you must log in to your Magellan Account. Here, you must ensure that this Account is the one which was created on the official website. However, if you don’t have an Account. Then, first, create one at the SmartGPS Eco website. Then, log in to it.
- Thereafter, turn on your GPS unit and connect it to a power source.
- Next, you must hook it up with your computer using the accompanied USB Cable.
- As a result, SmartGPS Eco will recognize the connected device if you have registered it earlier. On the other hand, if it isn’t registered. Then, it will prompt you to do the same. Hence, register your device by following on-screen prompts carefully.
- Thereafter, your Account will display an “Update” tab. Therefore, click on it.
- Consequently, it will provide a list of GPS devices associated with this “Account”. Now, select the Roadmate device for receiving Magellan Roadmate Update. In other words, you will be selecting the one connected with your system.
- After that, it will prompt you to download updates which include both the software and map updates. Therefore, click “Update” for performing Magellan Roadmate Update.
- As a result, it will automatically download and install the Magellan Roadmate Update on your device.
- Once the process completes, click “OK” on the Confirmation window.
- Subsequently, disconnect the GPS unit when prompted to do so.
- Thereafter, it will automatically restart the device.
Through Content Manager
- To begin with, turn on the GPS Device. Then, connect it to a stable Power Source.
- Simultaneously, turn on your “Computer” and connect it a strong Internet Network.
- Now, hook up the GPS unit with your Computer using the accompanied USB Cable.
- Next, you must launch the previously instaled “Magellan Content Manager” on your system. For this, access the “All Programs” folder from your system’s Start Menu. Then, open the “Magellan” folder. Thereafter, click on “Magellan Content Manager” to open it for Magellan Roadmate Update.
- However, in case if haven’t installed the application on your “Computer”. Then, you must install it first in order to receive Magellan Roadmate Update. For this:
- Launch “Browser” and open Support page of Magellan’s official website.
- Then, access the Downloads section.
- Here, you must locate the download links for “Magellan Content Manager”.
- Now, click on the “Download” button specified for your computer’s OS.
- Once the download finishes, locate and open the downloaded file.
- Then, click “Run” and follow on-screen instructions for installing the software.
- Finally, click “Install” and wait.
- At last, click “Close” to exit.
- On the Content Manager’s “Main” window, locate the “Update” icon from the top right-hand corner. Then, click on it.
- Consequently, it will detect the available Magellan Roadmate Update for your device. Along with that, it will also provide you the size of the available updates.
- Finally, click “OK” to begin the Magellan Roadmate Update process. Therefore, it will automatically download and install the available updates on your device.
- After completing the process, you will get a notification. Hence, click “OK” and complete the process.
- Subsequently, disconnect the device when prompted.
- Thereafter, your device will restart itself.